OhioDance has served the statewide dance community since 1976, formed by representatives from sixteen dance companies in Ohio. The organization pursues its goals through the contributions of a 30-member board of directors representing dance around the state, one full time executive director, contract employees, college interns, and volunteers.
- 1981 – Produced first statewide festival at Kenyon College in Gambier
- 1987 – Serves as fiscal agent for major institutions
- 1988 – Received nomination for outstanding arts event of the year (festival) from the Greater Columbus Arts Council
- 1989 – Office moved to Columbus; First National Performance Network residency hosted by Ohio Dance
- 1995 – Produced OhioDances!, a videotape of Ohio’s diverse dance companies
- 1996 – Published first statewide dance directory and resource guide
- 1997 – Established website; 2009 full revision
- 1998 – Produced festival in Columbus in conjunction with Network ’98: Conference of the International Network of Performing and Visual Arts Schools; reestablished choreographers showcase
- 2000 – Two OhioDance Award categories were established: outstanding contribution to the dance art form and to dance education
- 2004 – Presented Ohio’s Dance Treasures in Columbus with Ohio State’s Theatre Research Institute, in conjunction with the Dance Heritage Coalition’s Exhibition America’s 100 Dance Treasures
- 2005 – Established professional auditions at the festival
- 2006 – Relaunched the Dance Education Website with new design and content
- 2007 – OhioDance offered a Panel Discussion during The Ohio Arts Presenters Network in Akron titled Demystifying Dance: Creative Successful Partnerships.
- 2008 – Dancer Health articles added to the Newsletters
- 2009-10 – OhioDance and Ohio Arts Council present dance performance at the Ohio Statehouse for National Arts and Humanities month.
- 2009-10 – Dublin Arts Council and OhioDance in collaboration with The Ohio State University Department of Dance and Ohio Department of Education Division of the Arts present site-specific contemporary dance.
- 2010 – Imagination Conversation-OhioDance, Oberlin College and Ohio Department of Education Division of the Arts host panel discussions on the role imagination plays in education
- 2010-Present – OhioDance partners with Ohio Statehouse to offer Dance performance during the Summer Lawn Series
- 2011-Present – Partner with Arts Possible Ohio to offer school residencies for students with disabilities, offer PD and film screenings
- 2012 – Start of a Maggie Patton Dance Scholarship and OhioDance Outstanding Dance Student Award
- 2013-2015 – Collaborated with Amethyst, Inc., a recovery center for women and their children, to offer dance classes and a performance opportunity
- 2013-2015 – OhioDance offers a Fall Festival in different regions of State
- 2014-present – Created and developed The OhioDance Virtual Dance Collection®
- 2015-2020 – Offer movement sessions to Center for Balanced Living, a treatment facility for clients with food insecurity
- 2018-present – OD partners with the Ohio Arts Council to offer webinars, professional development, and to create an Ohio Teaching Artist Roster
- 2021-2022 – Cincinnati Art Museum and OD partner to create the opportunity for the planning, development, and performance of new commissioned dance work, “Black Futures Now”.