Momentum seeks a part-time Development Assistant to support the Founding Director, Executive Director, and Operations Manager with administrative tasks associated with development and fundraising for an arts education outreach program serving children in central Ohio. Position offers flexible hours and pleasant office environment. Reports to the Executive Director.
Momentum is an outreach education nonprofit that engages children in dance, music, and performance to place them on a path to success. Professional teaching artists and musicians work weekly with pre-k to fifth grade students during the school day in Columbus, Hilliard, and local Charter Schools. Started in 2003 by Monica Kridler, Momentum has grown from a single program serving 50 children to serving more than 1,500 children annually through seven distinct programs with an operating budget of $760,000.
Scope of Work
- Assist in implementation of fundraising strategy.
- Undertake research on potential individual, foundation, and corporate donors.
- Participate in the development of donor communications.
- Assist with promotional/marketing efforts (including social media) for the purpose of raising Momentum’s profile with potential donors.
- Coordinate mass donor solicitations and year-end donor appreciation mailings.
- Assist in the planning and implementing of fundraising events.
- Available to assist during Momentum’s performances.
- Assist in writing grant narratives and final reports.
- Maintain grants calendar.
- Process online and mail donations and file appropriate paperwork.
- Write donor acknowledgement letters.
- Track and follows up on pledges.
- Responsible for maintaining the donor database.
- Update and maintain donor records.
- Create monthly fundraising reports and other reports as needed.
- Attend monthly team meetings and development meetings.
- Excellent computer skills to include Excel, Google Drive, Gmail, various social media platforms, and experience with one or more donor databases.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized.
- A team player who can also work independently.
- Must be comfortable working with proprietary and confidential information and handle appropriately.
- Previous development experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs, bend, stand, or sit for extended periods of time.
- Comply with BCI Background check
How to Apply
Please send your professional resume and list of three references to email@example.com. We will begin reviewing applications immediately on a rolling basis.