Mission: OhioDance inclusively supports the diverse and vibrant practice of dance of all cultures and for all capabilities.
Vision: OhioDance seeks to ensure that the arts, arts education and cultural values stay alive, vibrant and accessible to all.
Equity, Inclusion and Justice: OhioDance is committed to honoring, nurturing and advancing dance through the lens of justice, inclusion and equal opportunity in all aspects of its programming, services and organization.
The goals of OhioDance are to:
- Recognize, advocate, and communicate the personal, social, and educational value of dance to all Ohioans.
- Serve as a centralized source of relevant and current information and resources for diverse statewide constituencies.
- Promote standards of excellence and opportunities in the field of dance.
- Showcase the richness and diversity of dance by facilitating presentation opportunities.
As an OhioDance member you will receive:
- Partnerships with Ohio Arts Council, Ohio Alliance for Arts Education and Ohio Department of Education;
- Virtual sessions; Online quarterly newsletter with information on timely issues and events;
- Biweekly email blasts; Online Resource such as: Anti-Racism resources, virtual classes, performances, conferences, etc. https://ohiodance.org/
- Member services such as fiscal agency with a fee of 7.5%;
- OhioDance Virtual Dance Collection™ at http://vdc.ohiodance.org/; Dance Education section https://ohiodance.org/dance-education/ and an online membership directory at http://members.ohiodance.org/
- Discounts on OhioDance conferences and Festivals.
- A 10% discount for members and 20% professional discount for teachers, studio owners and professional dancers at all Opening Night Stores in Dublin, Gahanna and Toledo, Ohio.
- Professional development opportunities
At OhioDance’s annual festival you can meet with dance colleagues and enjoy a variety of sessions, discussions, screenings, and performances, representing the state’s broad and diverse dance field. A Pre-Professional Concert help dance studios and school programs share their work and reach young audiences. A Professional Concert supports and recognizes professional choreographers and companies. Works are chosen by a select panel of adjudicators.
Support for the Dance Community
OhioDance is your representative for dance at the state level. In partnership with such organizations as the Ohio Arts Council, Ohio Department of Education, Ohio Alliance for Arts Education, Art Possible Ohio, and other statewide arts leaders. OhioDance creates a strong voice for dance in education and legislation. OhioDance has represented the field in the development of teacher certification, the state arts curriculum, and the Dance Educators Resource Guide on the web. Let your voice be heard by joining your colleagues in our network of mutual support.
Networking and Professional Development
OhioDance offers sessions for dance educators, choreographers, and performers, build systems for ongoing networking, and provide a forum for discussing issues. Professional development seminars are offered in cooperation with other Ohio arts organizations on special topics such as dancers with disabilities, and emerging technologies.
The Ohio Arts Council helped fund this organization with state tax dollars to encourage economic growth, educational excellence and cultural enrichment for all Ohioans.