OhioDance is a statewide organization that inclusively supports the diverse and vibrant practice of dance. The goals of OhioDance are to:
- Recognize, advocate, and communicate the personal, social, and educational value of dance to all Ohioans.
- Serve as a centralized source of relevant and current information and resources for diverse statewide constituencies.
- Promote standards of excellence and opportunities in the field of dance.
- Showcase the richness and diversity of dance by facilitating presentation opportunities.
As an OhioDance member you will receive:
- OhioDance Festival and Conference discounts
- Access to online Membership Directory & Resources
- Professional development opportunities
- Links & photos of your organization
- Fiscal agent services
- Biweekly email updates & Quarterly online newsletter- www.ohiodance.org
- Discounts on performances, workshops & ads
- State Policy Representation
At OhioDance’s annual festival you can meet with dance colleagues and enjoy a variety of classes, roundtables, workshops, and performances representing the state’s broad and diverse dance field. A Young Artists’ Concert help dance studios and school programs share their work and reach young audiences.
Support for the Dance Community
OhioDance is your representative for dance at the state level. In partnership with such organizations as the Ohio Citizens for the Arts and Ohio Alliance for Arts Education, OhioDance creates a strong voice for dance in education and legislation. OhioDance has represented the field in the development of teacher certification, the state arts curriculum, and the Dance Educators Resource Guide on the web. Let your voice be heard by joining your colleagues in our network of mutual support.
Networking and Professional Development
OhioDance roundtables for dance educators, choreographers, and performers build systems for ongoing networking and provide a forum for discussing issues. Professional development seminars are offered in cooperation with other Ohio arts organizations on special topics such as dancers with disabilities or emerging technologies.