Official School of Neos Dance Theatre
Job Title: Director of Education and Outreach (full time)
Preferred Start Date: July 1, 2017
Salary: $30,000 negotiable
Reports To: Neos Dance Theatre Artistic Director
Neos Dance Theatre (NDT) invites applications for the position of Director of Education and Outreach. The chosen candidate will oversee the day-to-day operations of the Neos Center For Dance (NCD), a new pre-professional and community school in Oberlin Ohio, and will coordinate community outreach activities in consultation with the NDT Artistic Director.
Extensive advanced dance training, experience in dance instruction and curriculum, experience working with K-12 students, excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Professional dance performance experience, bachelor’s degree in dance or related field, managerial experience, fund-raising experience, community outreach experience.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- In consultation with the Artistic Director, develop and implement a strategic plan for NCD to create a world-class dance training institution that delivers pre-professional, recreational and early education programming.
- Work with the Artistic Director of NDT to develop, implement and oversee a syllabus that reflects a comprehensive understanding of multiple dance genres.
- Lead a teaching staff comprised primarily of dancers from NDT, coordinate a substitute teaching staff, and create meaningful performance and master class opportunities to complement the NCD curriculum.
- Coordinate and oversee the efficient day-to-day operations of the school including class scheduling, tuition management, office supervision, recordkeeping, payroll, and faculty and staff hiring and scheduling.
- Develop, implement and oversee all marketing and communication activities for the NCD, including maintaining a school website and a vibrant social media presence.
- In consultation with the Artistic Director, manage and track all finances of NCD and prepare quarterly financial reports for the BOD.
- Establish and maintain positive and supportive relationships with Lorain County, OH, and national education institutions for the benefit of NCD.
- Work with the Artistic Director and BOT to establish and maintain a committed and generous philanthropic support base for NCD through a comprehensive development plan.
Review of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled. In order to receive optimal consideration, please submit materials electronically by June 15. Submit a cover letter, resume, and list of three references to:
Neos Center for Dance Search Committee Chair
A full job description can be viewed and downloaded at: https://www.neosdancetheatre.org/auditions-